411 Diamond Point Road Diamond Point, NY
Private setting with acres of nature surrounding you. Tranquil setting yet close to everything. Large 2 car garage, outside shower, 2 ponds, cathedral & open living room. Perfect Adk get away or year round home. Wood buring stove for those ... Read More
0 Pine Tree Lane Bolton Landing, NY
Easy to build, flat wooded lot with access and docking on Trout Lake. Can't afford Lake George? Affordable alternative with great boating, kayaking, fishing & swimming close to Lake George & town of Bolton. Priced below assessed value!... Read More
15 Cobblestone Court Bolton Landing, NY
Sellers hate to leave this well appointed home on a quiet dead end street. Its all here - 9'ceilings, A/C, FP, granite, stainless appliances, 3 zone heat, custom tiles, hardwood floors & screen porch. Currently set up for 2 family or in-law... Read More
103 Bobkat Lane Hague, NY
Perfect home very well built, on quiet cul-de-sac with seasonal lake views. Open floor plan, master on main, Real FP, 2 large BR up, bonus family room, WITH dock on Lake George. Shared beach in a resort like setting with tennis, basketball,... Read More
49 Wrights Farm Road Bolton Landing, NY
Have you dreamed of owning a log home in the Adirondacks? All the amenities of granite, stainless appliances, security system, generator, surround music on 3 private acres. Enjoy the screen porch or large deck overlooking wooded splendor. H... Read More
Since we're a short way into the new year, I thought it would be a good time to ask if it has started off as you had planned? Are you sticking with resolutions? Or have the first few weeks been totally different than what you expected?
If one of your 2014 goals was to buy your first home, find your dream home or downsize to something for retirement, and you haven't begun the process yet, take a few moments to read the rest of this column for some motivation and some tips.
Are you looking for motivation to get things started? Here are a few things to think about on when you're walking or watching television:
- Mortgage rates are still really low, but there are rumblings that they may rise soon. So if you know you will need a mortgage to buy a home, getting one now may save you a lot of money in the long term
- It still seems to be a buyer's market, so you may be able to find the home you love at a price you can live with.
- If you get in your new home this year, in 12 months you will be enjoying it instead of reading columns like this one.
If you've read this far, you're motivated enough that you're looking for a few tips to get you started. You can call me and we can talk about your goals. I'm always happy to talk. But if you can't wait for that, here are some other tips to keep you moving in the right direction towards your new home:
- Get serious about what you want and what you need in your new home. By making a list, you will have what you need to look at listings online and in the papers and have a good idea if a particular property would be worth looking at. Then when you see a home listing for a place that meets some or all of your criteria you will know it is special and you can make an appointment to view it.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage (if you'll need one). This will help you get some paperwork in order while also helping you find out how much you can afford to pay for a home.
- Start packing. I don't mean dishes and towels, but start putting some items you won't need for a while into cardboard boxes. Think seasonal items like holiday decorations or tools used for Fall yard work. If you are scared of packing, this first small step might be what you need to see that you can accomplish it. And then when you finally do find your new home, the first few boxes are already packed.
Need any other motivation or advice? Please give me a call at 518-321-1870.
55 woodland ridge - bolton landing
|< GO BACK|
-- Listings provided for download by WCMLS --
-- Information Is Not Guaranteed --